流利美语脱口出:流行美语短句解析+实例对话(11)
若水1147由 分享
时间:
推荐文章
流利美语脱口出:流行美语短句解析+实例对话(11)
65. Let’s give a try. 我们来试一试“give it a try” 就是放手去试试看的意思, 同样的意思你可可以说成“Let’s give it a shot”或是“Let’s give it go”.
A:Do you think we can finish this project today? 你觉得我们今天能把计划完成吗?
B:I don’t know, but Let’s give it a try. 我不知道,不过我们试试看。
66. We have a lot to catch up on。 我们可以好好叙叙旧
“catch up”是“赶上”的意思,朋友久没见面,所以“赶上”的,自然是交换彼此以往生活的点滴。若是你因故没去上课,就得要“catch up on the classes you missed,把请假时的上课进度补回来”。
A:It’s been almost a year since we’ve seen each other. 我们快一年没见了。
B:You bet. We have a lot to catch up on. 没错。我们可以好好叙叙旧。
A:I haven’t seen you in class for over a week. 我已经一个多星期没看你来上课了。
B:Well, I’ve been sick. I have a ton of homework to catch up on.
我一直在生病。我还有一大堆功课要赶。
67. Be about to ….. 差不68. 多是…..的时候了
Be about to 就是指“时候到了”,“就快要…..”的意思,后面接原形动词,主语可是是人,也可以是事物。
A:The volcano is about to erupt! 火山快要爆发了!
B:Let’s run for our lives. 我们逃命吧!
A:I’m almost to throw up. 我快吐出来了!
B:Quick! Run to the bathroom! 快!跑去厕所!
69. Remind sb of… 让(某人)想起了….
.
“remind”是“提醒”的意思,“remind sb. of…”就是指一个人看到、听到了什么,而让他联想到了其他的事情。
A:You look really familiar. 你看起来好面熟。
B:I don’t think we’ve met before. 我不觉得我们认识。
A:You remind me of a friend I had back in high school. 你让我想起我以前在高中的朋友。