学习资料库 > 英语资料 > 英语口语 > 情景对话 > ABC基础英语对话:不要做个鲁莽的人

ABC基础英语对话:不要做个鲁莽的人

若水1147 分享 时间:

ABC基础英语对话:不要做个鲁莽的人

    molly: long time no see.

    gordon: long time no see.

    molly: what are we going to learn today?

    gordon: let's learn about what not to do, useful everyday english, and more. in addition, we will learn a song from the movie ghost!?

    莫利:好久不见。
    戈登:好久不见。
    莫利:今天我们学什么?
    戈登:我们将学习什么事情不要做、有用的每日英语和更多,另外,我们还要学一首来自《人鬼情未了》的歌。

     new words 生词

    1) bump (撞上,碰到): (v) hit into, or meet on the street
    watch where you are going; you almost bumped into my dog.
    注意看路,你快撞上我的狗了。
    i bumped into monica last week; she has lost weight.
    我上个星期碰到莫尼卡,她瘦多了。

    2) deal(事情,交易): (n) problem (v) to bargain
    it is no big deal if you can't come.
    如果你不能来没有关系。
    let's make a deal on this used car.
    让我们就这辆二手车做个交易吧。

    3) fault(错误): (n) error
    it was my fault that i lost the car race.
    在赛车比赛中失利是我的错。

    4) insulted(侮辱): (v) lose face, feel bad about
    i felt insulted when madonna said i was "as fat as a pig."
    当麦当娜说我"胖得象一头猪"的时候,我感到受了侮辱。

    5) mention (提到): (v) to state or note
    did the presenter mention how much money he made last year?
    那个发言人提到他去年赚了多少钱了吗?
    i forgot to mention that i kissed your girlfriend last night.
    我忘了告诉你昨天晚上我吻了你的女朋友。

    6) texas (得克萨斯州,简称得州,在美国西南部): (n) a dry and flat state in the south-west of the usa
    there are many large cowboys in texas.
    在得州有许多强壮剽悍的牛仔。

    lesson: 课文 
    don't be a rude dude! (an impolite person) 别作鲁莽人--这是第一次有人告诉你不应作什么!

    what is rude, and what is polite is different in every culture. each lesson we will discuss some things that many chinese do that can be considered rude, or not polite in the western business and social world. we will give you advice on you what not to say or do. remember, don't be a rude dude!

    在每一种文化里,礼貌和粗鲁的定义是不同的。在每一单元中,我们 会讲一些中国人很有可能作但实际上是显得粗鲁的事情,或在西方社 会中被认为是没有礼貌的事情。我们会给你一些建议,告诉你什么不 能说或不应做。--别作鲁莽人。

    1) always say, "thank you." thank your teacher for a good lesson, thank the store clerk for good service, thank the doorman just because he does his job. thank everybody.
    永远别忘了说“谢谢”。谢谢你的老师教授的一堂好课,谢谢商店营业员提供的良好服务,谢谢看门人所做的本职工作。感谢所有的人。

    2) when someone says "thank you," you must reply "you're welcome." you must! silence can be rude, and dangerous.
    当有人说“谢谢”时,你应该回答“不客气”。你必须这样说。不回答或保持沉默是非常粗鲁的行为,而且也是危险的行为。

    3) if you bump into someone on the street, you must say "sorry", "excuse me" or "pardon me". if you stay silent, the other person will be insulted. (they may want to fight you. remember americans have guns!)
    如果你在街上撞了某人,你必须说“对不起”, “不好意思”或 “请原谅”。如果你保持沉默不语,对方就会觉得受到侮辱。(他们也许会跟你打架。别忘了美国人是有枪的!)

    4) if someone bumps into you, you must reply when they say "sorry." (if you stay silent after they say "sorry", the other person will be insulted. they may want to fight you.)
    如果有人撞了你,当对方向你说“对不起”的时候,你应该回答。(如果在对方向你说“对不起”的时候,你保持沉默,对方就会觉得受到侮辱。他们也许会奥跟你打架。)
19702