学习资料库 > 英语资料 > 英语阅读 > 英语故事 > 不断超越自己的故事

不断超越自己的故事

若水1147 分享 时间:

不断超越自己的故事

consider….you. in all time before now and in all time to come, there has never been and will never be anyone just like you.
试想一下……你!一个空前绝后的你,不论是以往还是将来都不会有一个跟你一模一样的人。

you are unique in the entire history and future of the universe.
你在历史上和宇宙中都是独一无二的。

wow! stop and think about that. you're better than one in a million, or a billion, or a gazillion. .
哇!停下来想想吧,你是万里挑一、亿里挑一、兆里挑一的。

you are the only one like you in a sea of infinity!
在无穷无尽的宇宙中,你是举世无双的。

you're amazing! you're awesome! and by the way, tag, you're it.
你是了不起的!你是卓越的没错,就是你。

as amazing and awesome as you already are, you can be even more so.
你已经是了不起的,是卓越的,你还可以更卓越更了不起。

beautiful young people are the whimsy of nature, but beautiful old people are true works of art.
美丽的年轻人是大自然的奇想,而美丽的老人却是艺术的杰作。

but you don't become “beautiful” just by virtue of the aging process.
但你不会因为年龄的渐长就自然而然地变得“美丽”。

real beauty comes from learning, growing, and loving in the ways of life.
真正的美丽源于生命里的学习、成长和热爱。

that is the art of life. you can learn slowly, and sometimes painfully, by just waiting for life to happen to you.
就是生命的艺术。你可以听天由命慢慢地学,有时候或许会很痛苦

or you can choose to accelerate your growth and intentionally devour life and all it offers. you are the artist that paints your future with the brush of today.
这,又或许你可以选择加速自己的成长,故意地挥霍生活及其提供的一切。你就是手握今日之刷描绘自己未来的艺术家。

paint a masterpiece.
画出一幅杰作吧。

god gives every bird its food, but he doesn't throw it into its nest. wherever you want to go, whatever you want to do, it is truly up to you.
上帝给了鸟儿食物,但他没有将食物扔到它们的巢里。下管你想要去哪里,不管你想要做什么,真正做决定的还是你自己。

单词注解
inherit [in'herit] .遗产,继承

squander ['skwɔndə] v挥霍,浪费

pawn [pɔ:n]  v典当,抵押

unique  [ju:'ni:k]  •独一无二的

awesome   ['ɔ:səm] •了不起的;令人敬畏的

实用句型
the carts go creaking through the crumbled snow.
马车咯吱咯吱地穿过冰天雪地。

real beauty comes from learning, growing, and loving in the ways of life.
真正的美丽源于生命里的学习、成长和热爱o

it is truly up to you.
真正做决定的还是你自己o

智慧点睛
man can not only sea the superficial things, but to grasp its essence in-dapth observation, ultimately makes the right choice.
不能只看事情的表面现象,要深入观察其本质,才能做出正确的选择o

wherever you want to go, whatever you want to do. it's truly up to you.
无论你想去哪,无论你想做什么,真正做决定的还是你自己o
20138